Specialists in Health & Safety Management and Legal Compliance
Accredited and bespoke training for a wide range of construction clients, principal designers and designers enabling them to engage effectively on major infrastructure projects, building projects and self-build across road, rail, public sector, developers and private clients.
We work across key industries including:
Construction & Engineering
Transport : Road, Rail & Air
Schools & Universities
Local & Central Government
We work in conjunction with…
Liz Bennett is the driving force behind Habilis…
“I work at the professional end with Clients, Designers, Principal Designers and CDM2015 Advisers providing clarity and empowerment in complex situations and introducing subject matter specialists with solutions”.
BSc PGCE CEng FICE CMIOSH
FRSA of Safety in Design Ltd [SID]
Liz is passionate about empowering others by simplifying the complex and signposting to answers that will help practical delivery of effective health and safety. In her professional career she is most proud of the following:
- Being the first Group Safety Manager for Atkins through rapid expansion and flotation where she developed safety management systems and training across the businesses and supported acquisition due diligence and project delivery across the Group.
- Leading on the establishment, with AA, RAC, the Police and the then Highways Agency, of www.survivegroup.co.uk which achieved a change in public behaviour on the fast road network within three years of initiation, making these roads safer and helping to reduce congestion;
- Establishing with senior colleagues from industry www.safetyindesign.org.uk and taking responsibility for maintenance of the free Design Guides, produced by industry leaders from an HSE led initiative to help small design practices.
- Being Interim Head of Health and safety for LOCOG, London 2012 organising committee to facilitate building the necessary capability across the Games and Paralympic Games and devising means of training a highly diverse community of staff and volunteers from nations across the globe. Working with Regulators and delivery teams to enable and empower a successful series of high-profile events and associated transport solutions across the country.
- Leading the Design for Health Task Group. A current pan industry group working on effective interventions by clients and designers to improve health outcomes for all affected by construction work for the lifetime of any asset. www.healthinconstruction.co.uk
- Conducting or supporting various pieces of research for HSE, EPSRC, B&CE Trust.
- Development and delivery of a range of training courses in the UK and overseas on CDM 2015 for IStructE, ICE, APS, Synergie Training and for Safety in Design.
For open courses, face-to-face or web-enabled training, contact Synergie Training of Inverness
© 2020 HABILIS
Phone: 07713 158282